Completed in 1939, The McKittrick Hotel was intended to be NYC’s finest luxury hotel. Two days after the outbreak of WWII, the legendary hotel was condemned. Until now…
The legendary space is reinvented with SLEEP NO MORE. Audiences move freely through a transporting world at their own pace, choosing their own path through the story, immersed in the most unique theatrical experience in NYC.
While SLEEP NO MORE practically sells itself, Grapeseed Media was tasked with promoting a lesser-known (to the US market) performance, THE WOMAN IN BLACK at the McKittrick Hotel.
- Introduce a new show to past attendees and bring in new audiences
- Drive a return-on-ad-spend of 300%+
- Provide a trackable uptick in ticket sales
- Favorably position The McKittrick Hotel in NYC’s return to theater after the COVID shutdown
- Leverage THE WOMAN IN BLACK purchasers list from other US cities to match and target NYC audiences with similar online interests and attributes
- Using Mobile Footprinting (accessing historic mobile location data), target users based on how frequently they visit theaters in the city
- Blend Audience Targeting with Contextual targeting by layering on top of our audience targeting parameters, a whitelist with theater centric publishers like NY Times Arts, Broadway World, TheaterMania, and Playbill.
- Serve 85%+ of Audio (e.g. Spotify) and CTV ads (e.g. Apple TV, Hulu) to new audiences (those who did not visit McKittrick’s website previously).
- Users who watch/listen to these upper-funnel ads will then be followed up with sales-driving Display and Social ads over the following two weeks. Ultimately, this surround-sound program aims to provide a full-funnel marketing approach.
- Programmatic Audio
- Streaming Video
- Connected TV
- Paid Social
- 685% return-on-ad-spend
- 85% audio and 98% CTV completion rates
- 0.23% CTR – 53% above benchmark
- 74% of Paid Social ticket sales were attributed to prospecting efforts
- Top performing websites included: TimeOut NY, Playbill, NY Times, NY Post, YouTube, BroadwayWorld, The Infatuation
- Added Value: The McKittrick Hotel did not have audio assets available, therefore, Grapeseed Media was able to produce within 2 business days